Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Life in Far Cy (life in Forrest City)

The last few weeks have been...lived through. Our museum festival was a success. We had from 200 to 300 people, which is excellent considering it was the first year, held outside, and over 100 degrees. The wienie dogs were the favorite part of the day. Check the Times Herald website for Monday, August 27 for pictures.

We've (I've) been painting at my mom's to prepare to move in. We will spend most of the school week at her house, to make life easier with the girls attending school in her town. Maybe I'll actually learn to cook.

Brian lived through his first week of school. No ulcers yet.

3 different groups have scheduled overnight studies in the Museum to record paranormal activity. TAPS from the Sci fi channel wants to come and bring a tv crew. At least work is interesting.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Okay Wendy. You have to blog more then twice a month for it to be considered blogging. I can't really keep up with you if you don't tell me more.

I need your application to Emmaus. DON'T worry about sending a check, just send the form.

Also, if you could send me a copy of your resume, I'd be better able to help you out. So get busy and get these things to me. Oh and tell Dyana and Connie to call me or blog me.

LOVE YA,
Jo

Cre8ive1 said...

Hey, girl. Does it count that my computer had major issues for about two weeks? I had a heck of a time trying to debug it. Some spyware really messed me up. We had our BIG event at the museum on the 25th, and it took a lot out of me. But it was a great success! A publishing company contacted the museum about the curator and me writing a book about Forrest City. That has some cool potential. And you know that cat you brought home???(ha)I rescued a stolen puppy from a guy that is going to be a rather large dog. Brian is gonna kill me...Especially considering it loves to cuddle him!Did the cat work out OK for you? Martha told me she was going to call you a Sunday or two ago. Did she? She seemed excited about going. Since then, we've not had a chance to talk. Dyana's girls have had strep since school started, and Connie's battled anxiety worse than ever before. She's added at least one or two new meds. Jonathan had stitches in the back of his head a few weeks ago, and they're already fighting the allergy battle for this fall. How are your girls doing? Their back to school picture was too cute. Do they like their new grades?
miss ya
wendy