Friday, July 27, 2007

Home from SLUFY

I just returned home from Little Rock (with Brianna and Maddie in tow) and two weeks spent with several hundred gifted/talented students. SLUFY (No, not fluffy), or Summer Laureate University For Youth, has been offered for over 25 years at UALR. It was a GREAT experience, but I'm glad to be home and apply some of my excitement to the Delta. I wish I could just pack up all the enthusiasm for learning and share a suitcase full with all my students here. Maybe one day...

Many thanks to Jo and Marty (and Emily and Erin) for giving us a home away from home. Brian can attest to the fact that I am rather difficult to live with. We felt like family. Hi and thanks also go to Jo's friends, who I now count as my friends. Long live Chile's!!!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Wahoo!! You're doing it. I'm so excite.

YarnDiva said...

Great Blog, I can't wait to keep up with your exploits! Thanks for coming to my birthday party!